Thursday, October 06, 2005

As promised, I uploaded the .wma file for "Smells Like". It's encoded for Windows Media Player at 128bits/sec so unless you have a really slow connection it should sound pretty good. Tomorrow, I'll upload the individual files so you can listen to each one. If you listen closely at the beginning, you'll hear Joel and I discussing the previous take and saying that the previous one was uneven in tempo. That will disappear when it comes time to mix down and of course the song will be trimmed
so that the it starts after the count-in. The guitar and vocal were recorded at the same time using a technique of my own invention. I placed a music stand with the shelf part horizontal over the guitar mic's and a shield placed behind the vocal mic. The results are fairly impressive with the vocal only bleeding over to guitar mic's when Joel really sings out at the end of the song. I think if you pan the track either right or left fully, you can probably hear it if you don't want to wait until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home