Saturday, October 08, 2005

Just Couldn't Sleep

It’s 5AM and I’ve been up since about 3:30. Just couldn’t sleep I guess. Anyway, as promised, the individual files for the vocal and the 2 guitar tracks (same guitar – 2 mic’s) are on the server.

     Vocal File
     Guitar One
     Guitar Two

I had a bit of a time trying to convert them to .wma files because I stupidly burned the files on the CD as .wav files so instead of going back to computer in the studio and re-burning a CD properly, I transferred them to hard drive on my laptop, burned them as an audio CD, and them ripped them using Windows Media Player. Let this be lesson for you – pay attention and you won’t have to do things twice. While I was waiting for the files to upload, I went to the studio and cleaned up the drum track. This won’t be the final drum track as it’s a little sloppy and I think Brandon will do a better job anyway. I recorded the drum track using my Roland drum kit and the sound module playing the kit is the one that came with Sonar 4 studio. It’s sounds pretty good for a software synth. I’m putting up so you get an idea of what the feel of the song is going to be like. We’re pretty well committed to doing the set on the 11th as an almost exclusively original set unless it’s a cover that we really do our way. “The Gunshy” seems to be a determined individualist and I don’t think doing a bunch of covers is really appropriate in this situation.  I’ll put the drum track up a little later today along with another copy of the song with the drum track included. Remember, you can sign up for the newsletter at newsletter@yourhomestudio.com and please don’t forget to visit the web page and let me know what you think about the website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home