Monday, October 10, 2005

Cleaning up

The track including the drums is up. It took me a little longer than I expected to clean them up and I had some catching up to do this weekend like clean up my yard from Hurricane Rita. Click here to listen to it. It’s recorded in midi from my Roland V-Club kit and the sound module is the software synth provided with Sonar 4 studio. It’s pretty good although I’m not crazy about that splash cymbal. I’m interested in what people think of the rim shot instead of the regular snare after the vocal starts. We are going to record Brandon’s kit starting this week and I’ll post those tracks as we progress. I got a visit from one of my former clients this evening. He has a real unique style and I will post the tracks from those sessions as they proceed. I will probably play drums for him as his drummer flaked out on him. I’ll try to get a picture illustrating my recording technique I mentioned a couple of posts so you can see what I’m talking about. I did update the site to link to the blog  but I decided to wait until after we’ve recorded “Smells Like” to have a complete page with maybe some illustrations and/or pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home