Saturday, November 12, 2005

Are we snake-bit?

Lost

Are we snake-bit or something? We were supposed to go on at 10 last night. I called the club owner -– who happens to be a customer of mine- and asked him if that’s how things were still going to be. He says, "“Well, The Gunshy brought someone else with him so we have to make room for 4 on the bill. I'’ll call you at 7 to let you know how it's going to go"”. I thought, "“Ok, so we go on at 11 instead of 10, no big deal"”. I didn'’t hear back from him at 7 so I called him back and he said they were waiting for us to do a sound check. That meant we were going on first. So I had to call Joel to tell him we were going on at 9 and rush over there. It gets better. We did our sound check and had about 30 minutes to spare before 9 so we played a game of pool and generally hung out. There was no one there other than the band that was going to play after us - "Bitter Hearts"”. 9 o'’clock came and nobody was there. I asked the guy working the door what he wanted us to do. "Wait until 9:30"”. So we played another game of pool and when 9:30 came around still there was nobody there. The sound guy says wait until 10 so we went on at 10 and there was still nobody there. We played our entire set except for 2 songs and still nobody showed up. In the middle of all that, Joel starts playing "“Caroline" in the wrong key and I couldn'’t figure out where he was. I was able to sing along with him but I couldn'’t get the right key until the song was almost over. “"Sex and Candy"” went pretty well considering we just learned it this week. I was flabbergasted that on a Friday night, there was nobody out. Scary! Well, I don'’t think we're going to play there unless we can get a better guarantee or something. I don'’t mean money, I mean people -– maybe they ought to sell tickets or something.
Anyway, we'’re going to get together Tuesday and figure out a game plan. I think we ought to concentrate on trying to play in Lafayette about once a month or so. We still have to finish recording the vocals and bass on "“Smells Like"” and start recording some new material. Funny thing is that I had a bad feeling about last night, I don'’t know where it came from but something kept telling me that the gig was going to be a flop. I found a cool guitar instruction site-Click here This guy says he can unlock the guitar in one weekend -– check it out. Any way, I'll post the results of our next recording sessions as we do them and maybe somebody will notice that and want to sign us or something - Yeah, right and monkeys might fly out of my butt.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home