Monday, November 07, 2005

It's been almost a whole week

Wow, it’s been almost a whole week since I posted. We didn’t practice Thursday like I thought we would so recording the acoustic guitar part for “Smells Like” had to wait until Saturday afternoon. It came out great – I recorded two tracks – one with my Shure KSM27 pointed at about the 12th fret and the other with a Roland DR-20 emulating a U-87 as a room mic placed behind Joel and to his right with the capsule pointed at the top bout of the guitar – a beautiful Gibson J-150. I recorded two passes and combined the KSM-27 from the first take with the emulated U-87 from the second take – you can listen to just the guitar here . I’m going to try to record the bass track this evening – before “THE GAME”(Indie vs NE) , of course. I'll post the whole song with bass after I complete it. Brandon came over about 3:00 and we rehearsed for about an hour and a half. Sounding great – maybe I’ll post a live song or two from rehearsal later this week. Also, our gig at Joe’s is Friday and I can’t wait to actually play in front of some real live people. The last gig was fun but there was nobody there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home